The Healing Journey
We’ve developed a client-centered pre- and post surgical massage treatment to alleviate pain and expedite healing. We call it Peri-operative Therapy. Gentle manual techniques assist in our clients’ surgical rehabilitation process and have proven instrumental to accelerate recovery, soften scar tissue, and reduce swelling and bruising.
Undergoing any surgical procedure means inducing physical trauma. Our specialized and integrated manual post surgical massage techniques utilizes a light, pain-free touch for clients with high post-operative sensitivity.
Inflammation is a leading cause of cell deterioration and death. By mobilizing stagnant lymphatic fluid, inflammation is reduced and washed away. Additionally, post surgical massage, Peri-operative Therapy increases the flow of endorphins, allowing clients to receive welcome feelings of relaxation and well-being. This, combined with a visible reduction in swelling and bruising, provides clients with immediate, positive results.
Following a surgical procedure, once someone is able to get up and move around, they are ready to receive post surgical massage Peri-operative Therapy. We begin treating clients as soon as 24 to 48 hours after their surgery, prompting accelerated healing right away and cutting down on time spent in bed. For optimal results, clients who come in two to three times a week for the first few weeks after their surgery experience dramatic results for an expedited recovery.
Post Operative Massage Cupping
Getting started prior to surgery
Our goal is to expedite the process of surgical healing. To do so, we recommend a pre-operative appointment a few days prior to surgery. During this visit you will meet with your Peri-operative therapist who will educate and familiarize you with our therapeutic technique and create a personalized treatment program for you. You will begin your post-operative treatment series about 7 days after.
What's the medical proof that Peri-operative Therapy works?
Click here to read a published article on the subject.
Our specialized services:
- Reduces recovery time
- Alleviates pain
- Relieves post-op depression and anxiety
- Increases ones’ ability to sleep
- Stimulates circulation
- Eliminates swelling and bruising
- Softens scar tissue
- Smooths out lumps and bumps
- Facilitates normal and healthy lymphatic flow
Through a series of treatments, our clients experience increased mobility, range of motion and improved posture. We encourage, support and educate our clients throughout their entire recovery period.
Soulstice pre and post surgery care is helpful for a wide variety of surgical procedures:
- Liposuction (Vaser, Smart Lipo, Cool Sculpting, and fat transfer)
- Arm lift (Brachioplasty)
- Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty)
- Thigh or full body lift
- Mommy makeovers (breast lift, tummy tuck, and lipo)
- Orthopedic Surgery (hip and knee replacement)
- C-Section (caesarean) and hysterectomy
- Nose (Rhinoplasty)
- Face and neck lifting
- Eye lift (Blepharoplasty)
- Facial Reconstruction Procedures
- Implant mobilization and capsular contracture
- Augmentation, reduction, or lift
- Lumpectomy and mastectomy
- Reconstruction (TRAM, Lat Flap, DIEP, GAP)
- Joint Replacement (Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Ankle)
- Shoulder reconstruction
- Orthopedic trauma
- C Section